11.07.2008

Will I Ever Get a Good Nights Rest?

My guess is for the next 6 months to possibly 2 years, no. My Dad flew/is flying to Kuwait yesterday and today. He'll train there for a bit then on to Iraq. I went to sleep I guess it was technically yesterday at 2 in the morning. I woke up at 6 in the morning nervous. I knew he was going to be leaving. I was nervous and worried, and lately I've been having not so happy dreams so it wasn't helping. I don't usually have bad dreams until after Tron goes to school, but last night well morning I guess they came early. I woke up and haven't gone to sleep since. I'm not tired and am a little afraid to sleep. I'm kind of afraid that my worried nervous feelings will bring forth nervous worried dreams. I have a tendency to stay awake if I fear my dreams... whoops. But today wasn't all bad, I got to talk to my Dad just before he got on the plane for Kuwait. I miss him. Even though I have lived an hour away from him for about two years now, it's still hard. But I'm sure we'll make it through. Most likely it's only going to be 6 months so that's good. Other than that we're doing great! I don't know what I'd do if Tron weren't here with me. Love him. Anyhow, enough sadness my friend showed me this picture today I couldn't help but laugh.





If it's wrong to think this is funny and to laugh at it...I don't want to be right.







P.S. I would never do this to my child. Just in case you were wondering.

7 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

No, it is defintely funny. I only wish I had thought of it myself! Kidding. I hope you get some good sleep soon.

Shelby said...

HILARIOUS!! I would do it. That kid doesn't look like she's in any pain.

1382 said...

No worries, I'll do it to our kids.

"All you need is love" said...

Although I can relate to the state of mind that mother was probably in, that actually makes me sad. It does help that she looks okay and has her pet duck...sigh.

Jessica said...

i'm sorr to hear about your dad leaving. Hopefully you'll get some sleep soon. I love that picture i've often wished i could do that to my daugther... but i never would.

Blaine said...

I hope you are doing ok my dear - I am so sorry about your dad being gone. I can't imagine what that would be like. Lousey military. So I have to tell you something hilarious - in fact maybe I will just call you.

Fausett Family said...

I laughed at this picture... Maybe I am sick in the head... I liked your comment on reflection!!! :)