12.23.2008

I Have a Bad Habit

Here it is, sometimes when someone bothers me a lot to do something I end up not wanting to do it just to spite them. And sometimes I really want to do it in the first place. I just get sick of hearing about it that I think to myself "If you keep talking about it, I'm NEVER going to do it." It happens with the most random things too. I love support from people and encouragement, but I don't like being told what to do repeatedly. Perhaps it's because I'm the youngest and have been told to do a lot of things by a lot of people. I'm sure not just the youngest get it, but you know what I mean. Granted I don't always do this, just sometimes and it's even if certain people tell me do something. Tron, for instance, he can ask me to do things and I'm perfectly fine with it.(maybe it's because he asks rather than tells) I know it's wrong and I need to work on it. And I'm sure I need to work on not doing it to other people. That's all. ha ha ha Anyhow, I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Kati said...

Merry Christmas!! hope you guys have a great one!!!

Blaine said...

Oh, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I do the same thing. That is why, to this day I do not water ski, and probably never will. I got so sick of everyone trying to make me do it, that I just said, "nope. Now I will never do it." I hope you had a delightful 1st year married Christmas! Stay tuned for a friend party at our house maybe next week

Anne W said...

Miss me! Oh, I mean, Miss me, please?

Alison said...

Yep, that is a bad habit. Hypothetically speaking, if you would just help with Christmas dinner while your big sister is trying to do everything so your mother can pick up her handicapped friend from the nursing home who is all alone on Christmas, then no one would have to harp on you to do things like put out the silverware and take the baked potatoes downstairs.
Hypothetically speaking... :)

Mary said...

Sadly I am SO the same way... we'll just blame it on being the youngest;-) haha... not a good excuse I know. It's funny how it's sometimes something I would do and even want to do... but when I told to do it... I don't do it happily or don't do it at all. Especially when it's my mom and sister... they just know everything;-) And well they do know lots... I for sure need to work on this!!! I LOVE THE CAMERA! Canon's are the BEST! And you are SO sweet... sounds like you've got a great hubby! Isn't it wonderul;-) Hope you all had a great Christmas!

becky rigby said...

Michelle, that is so funny. I am the same way, just ask Caleb :) We're not able to log on to your Just Us blog. Is it you and Tron's blog?