5.08.2008

Rain Rain Please Just Stay

It's been raining for two days now and I'm LOVING it. I realize that rain makes some people sad and depressed, but I've always loved it. Maybe it comes from living in Virginia while I was a child. When it rained really hard there the streets would flood. I'd put on my rain boots and dance in the water filled streets. While my friends and I were playing and watching people being pulled by cars on their boogie boards my mom would make hot chocolate for us all. After we drank our hot chocolate we'd walk outside and watch the rainbows. Or when the storm was coming in my best friend Kristi and I would ride our bikes around watching the lightening. We thought we'd be ok because the bikes had rubber tires so it would ground us. I don't remember ever being scared of lightening or storms...maybe I was but I only remember loving them. Oh the good memories.

The rain here isn't usually as hard and doesn't last nearly as long as it did there. It still makes me crazy happy though. I still run outside and dance around when it rains really hard. I still get WAY too excited when it starts to thunder and lightening. It's a good thing Tron loves the rain as much as I do. I'm sure anyone else would think I was a freak for the excitement I feel for storms. I honestly think I would die of excitement if I lived in a place like Seattle. Although my hair would probably be crazy and huge so who knows. Ya win some ya lose some, right?

2 comments:

Blaine said...

I must agree with you on the rain thing - but summer monsoon-like rain is the best. You know, in July or August. I don't like rain when it is cold.

Lindsay

It's Me...shell said...

I like the rain when it's cold if I'm not outside.