9.08.2009

Project 1 Completed!

I didn't exactly take a day off from labor like is recommended. Instead, I recovered the Glider Rocking Chair and Ottoman we bought for the Nursery. Tron and I picked out the fabric and we both love it. Yes, there are flowers on it, but I think it's not really girly. ha ha Even if it is really the chair is for me. :)

Before



















The New Fabric



















After I'd unpicked everything, and the new foam to make it more padded and comfortable.





































Our dear friend Alex who was here watching movies went to get his spare staple gun and then gave it to me. Which I am very grateful for. Thank you Alex! Anyhow, I stapled the fabric on the ottoman and finished it first. Here it is















And here is the Finished Product! I think it turned out pretty good. I like it much better than what it used to be.

11 comments:

The Viewer said...

love it. good job

Kati said...

ah I love it!!!! fabulous job.

Kathryn said...

Oh, yeah. That looks great! And those aren't like flowery flowers - they're stylish nods to nature. Boys love nature.

Cindee said...

That's talent. I should learn to do things like that. It looks great!

Hoenes Family said...

I love it! You "rock" hee hee. Can't wait to see more projects unfold!

alison said...

Wow! Why didn't I get any of the sewing genes?

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

impressive work, one day I will be up to a project of that kind...one day. :) I agree about the not flowery flowers statement...and it is for you.

Heather said...

Wow great job! And I love the fabric you chose!

Taylor said...

hey! that's pretty sweet!

"All you need is love" said...

If I had know how to sew/do something like that I wouldn't have given my ugly fabric glider away. I replaced it with an even uglier (more comfortable) red velveteen lazy boy. Any suggestions for that one?

Jon, Liz, Max and Luke said...

looks cool. Good job! How are you guys?