9.10.2009

Project 2 Completed!

Well, at least my part of project 2, Tron still has to screen print an owl in a tree on it. It took a few days to finish the diaper bag for one reason: They don't carry 2 inch strap adjusters or the strap holders anywhere! So, finally a took one of my bags and took off the things I needed. The pattern didn't have an adjustable strap and the strap pattern piece it provided wasn't long enough so I made one up myself. Also, there was no pattern for the shoulder pad, and knowing how I pack bags I'll be needing one. So, I just threw one of those together too. I really like the way it turned out. Sewing things for a baby is so fun! (I totally could have made that a pun)

Here is the finished product:















The side pocket/bottle holder




















The back pocket for the changing pad (which is being made next)















The inside with the 4 large pockets






























And just for kicks here's a close up of the strap and shoulder pad

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wowzer! I LOVE it. That really is the perfect pattern for a diaper bag . . . if I ever have another child, can I enlist you to make me one? The four pockets, the bottle holder - the adjustable strap! You're killing me with it's perfection!

Unused Account said...

OMGosh!
You are a crafty minx!
I'm so jealous!

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

you are kinda makin me sick...blah with our talent. oh they didn't have this, so I made it up..blah blah blah. :) Love it!

Taylor said...

nice job, the the chair too. I wish I learned to so more. I guess it's never too late to learn right? Now I just need a sewing machine...

oralia said...

wow, you are amazing! the owl is going to look so cute on it, and i LOVE the color on the inside. good job!

alison said...

Very nice! What kind of fabric is that? BTW, why don't you make a changing pad for me while you're at it :)

Emily Scothern said...

Wow, nice work. You should open a sewing shop!!!