9.25.2009

Random Things This Pregnant Girl Thinks About.

I've noticed that people gain weight in different ways. Some are target area weight gainers, some are all over, and some...ok I can only think of those two. I am one of the all over weight gainers. which I am not a fan of. There are really only two places on my body that don't gain weight when I do. One being my arms the other my boobs (which is weird because that's usually the only plus for people when they gain weight). Well and I guess my feet, but really who gains weight in their feet? Anyhow, the only reason I think of this is....my face. I totally get chubby face, which is no good. I am already prone to getting double chin even at my skinniest. Here's the reason: I have a weird chin that points when I smile. Not the whole jaw just the chin, creating a line between the jaw and the chin creating the lovely double chin. It's delightful I just love it let me tell ya. Anyhow, I look at these cute girls who are gaining weight because they're pregnant too, but they are mostly target gainers and their faces aren't effected. I'm totally jealous. I know I shouldn't care and it will go back to normal (well mostly normal and I hope!), but right now it'd be nice to have a skinny face. ha ha ha I think you feel more sexy with a skinny face. chubby face just makes you feel cute.

I am totally in nesting mode lately. I'm not wanting to nest the way most women do. I don't want to get the nursery all ready and put together. ( Probably because that would require cleaning out the office/random crap room, but that's besides the point.) And don't get me wrong I am obviously doing things and makings for the baby as you have seen in posts below. But not sure if that's nesting or me loving to sew so I'm doing the project to have something to do, probably both. Anyhow, I have been wanting to make our apartment look more home like. I want everything to match, things hung on the wall, and decorations for the seasons. Maybe it's because I want to feel more like a mom and in my mind that's what moms do, who knows. Oh well, that's that.

Ok, now just or kicks and giggles I'm going to make a list of random things that make my heart happy:

Buttons. I love buttons and have since I was young. Little known fact I used to collect buttons. (probably started when I went to a craft store with my mom and they barrels filled with buttons and I just sat there the whole time putting my hands in them. I LOVED the feeling)

Tough guys who are really sweet, soft, and sensitive. Lisa's blog reminded me of this. I used to have this friend named Dan. He was was 6'4" and very large in stature. He could pick me up and throw me around with ease, and he was a cage fighter. But what I loved most about this friend is that he was SO sweet. And he was studying Hebrew and ancient Israel. I don't know about you guys, but cage fighting and that stuff don't always go together. Anyhow, his happy balance always made me happy.

Amazing Voices. I LOVE them, and cry when I hear them. For instance, a few years ago when Audra McDonald came and sang with the MoTab I went to see it. When she came out and started to sing I started to bawl. Same thing happened when I went to Mamma Mia when it came to Utah. I also cry when I listen to Ragtime, every time I listen to it. I can't help it.

The Butterflies I get when I see Tron for the first time of the day. You'd think after almost 4 years I'd not still get super excited to see him, but I do and I get butterflies in my stomach every time. (cheesy, but whatever)

Magic. I LOVE the idea of magic, fairies, elves, and witches. I can't even express to you how much I wish it were real.

Hugs from really large people. I don't know why, but I think it feels homey.

Old fashion candy shops. I don't really like candy, but I LOVE a cute little candy shop.

The click that happens when you turn on a lamp.

Cracking through thin shells. Such as: ice, creme brulee, hollow chocolates.

New shoes

And washing my hands with fake nails on. Don't ask me why, I can't explain it. I just love it.

10 comments:

Fausett Family said...

OH Dan!!!! ha ha I loved washing my hands with fake nails on!! They always look so nice!! I do hate the fake nails part though... I get so sick of them!! All the stuff you have made is so cute!! :) I love it!

Kati said...

I am the same way with wanting to make our place more home feeling, and more personal with our decorations all matching, and I like making our decorations myself cause then I know no one else has them! I think your sewing projects are so cute. I would love to recover a glider chair but know for a fact I am not the skilled in the sewing area. lol

Ty and Cassia said...

You look great! Don't be mistaken! And I was an all over gainer too, it sucks, but what sucks worse is getting asked when you're due 2 days after you've already delivered!! I still look 7 months pregnant!!

Bless that doesn't happen t you!! Good luck!

The Dahls said...

Chelsea also loves cracking through thin shells. Once I was getting ice cream bars and asked what she wanted. She asked for anything with a thin shell like a klondike bar.... you guys are funny.

"All you need is love" said...

Michelle,
I am president of equal opportunity weight gainers of America.There is no part of my frame that gets left out. Feel blessed you don't gain weight in your arms. I have always had big arms for my size and it makes me feel less feminine for some reason. Yes, I have arm envy. I am totally feeling your pain on the double chin. The literal distance between my "chin" and my neck is the length of my thumb...at any weight.
That aside the baby is totally worth it all.

Emily Scothern said...

I love decorating, especially for fall....I don't think you need a baby to do that :)

Hoenes Family said...

Michelle, you are so great. Loved this post. I can totally relate to you with the pointed chin, making the rest appear like a double! I do think you look great, and you are right, you won't always feel the way you do now! Hang in there! I will tell you that with my 2nd baby, I did much better with the weight gain for some reason, it was more target weight. With Kenzi, it was all over the place! I love that you still get butterflies when you see Tron. That really does amaze me. Don't get me wrong, I love Taylor more now than ever, but I must say it is not very often that I get butterflies!

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Loved this post, thanks for the peek inside your mind. This was a fun read!

Kathryn said...

Good one. Yeah - chocolate shells and thin ice are delightful. I like your face.

Jon, Liz, Max and Luke said...

I got crazy nesting impulses...i think i almost killed Jon. I was working full time and then i'd come home and clean like mad and cook lots of food to freeze b/c i knew i wouldn't be able to cook for a while. I was so stressed out i think it transferred to Jon and gave him an ulcer. Looking back on it...you don't really need to do anything...just make sure your legs are shaved at all times just in case you go into labor...and you should be good!