12.02.2009

So, Here's the Thing...

I'm really bad at not sewing things, but I've only sewn two things that were for me or rather the baby. I may or may not have sewn things for others...whoops. Anyhow I thought I'd post some pictures of what I've made since I last posted.

I decided I wanted a diaper holder to go in the diaper bag.



















And here's a look at the inside fabric



















Next I made the Diaper Stacker. I only sewed a little on this and it was hand sewing, so that shouldn't count.





































I've been looking to buy a car seat tent, but they are SO expensive! The ones I found were all 50 dollars. So I thought H-No I'm not paying that. Esp since it would cost like 10 dollars to make. So that's what I did. And thanks to me fabric stash we paid nothing. My mom emailed me the pattern this evening and I made one with some fabric I had. I've been saving both these fabrics for years. I was just waiting to make something for myself. I realize it's not the most child like fabric...ok it's not baby fabric at all. But I LOVE them.



















And here's the inside fabric. I figure it totally works because Black, White, and Red are the only colors they see for the first while.















And last I've been crocheting around burp cloths and blankets. I'm almost done. I only have 4 more burp cloths and I'll be finished. So, here's a picture of most of them. I have one of the blankets in the hospital bag already. It's really cute though. It has sail boats, it's my favorite (which is why he'll be coming home in it.) Oh and I just threw in the fleece blanket I made him the other day for kicks. In total I've made 6 receiving blankets and 26 burp cloths. (we don't have a washer and dryer so the burp cloths had to come in heaps.)















So, there are the projects. After the last 4 burp cloths I think I'll be done till he comes. Seeing as how the doctor things he'll be coming by the end of this week. Here's to hoping. :) If he hasn't come however I will be starting on the stockings I'm going to make. I thought it'd be fun to have matching stockings for the first Christmas with our new little family. Oh and I got maternity photos taken I'll post them when I get the CD, but probably on the other blog.

2 comments:

The Dahls said...

you're so close now!! I'm so excited for you guys! did you decide on a name? ps I wish i could sew...

Shelby said...

Love the tortilla, guacamole fabric!