11.02.2009

Halloween + More Projects

This Halloween was awesome! Not only is it my favorite holiday of the year, but my niece Bryn was baptized. We didn't get any pictures of Bryn in her dress or at the baptism (we'll have to get those from my parents). We had a few costume parties to go to. The first one was a Wes Anderson costume party. For those of you who don't know the love of Wes Anderson, I highly recommend you look him up. If you're into bizarre, dysfunctional, random humor with sweet slow-mo shots. He has such great films as: Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, Life Aquatic, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Darjeeling Limited.

Here are a few photos of the Halloween goodness:

I went as Steve Zissou from Life Aquatic and Tron as Jack Whitman from Darjeeling Limited.














Here are some reference photos for those of you who haven't seen the movies
Steve













Jack (he's the one on the far left)














Now, for the other party:

As you can see we went with different costumes. I didn't care to wear the beard again. Way too itchy. So, we went with the inappropriate costumes. I'm a private school girl who is prego and Tron's a teacher.


















Blaine, Lindsay and George were Snape, Luna, and Harry from Harry Potter







































Nick and Jamie were Liz Lemon and Jack Donaghy from 30 Rock



















Emily was a Goth Girl, Beth was a tween dressed up as a baby, Jason was the blind kid from American Idol, Lindsey and Brad were Alice and the Mad Hatter (brad changed before the photo), BriAnne and Joey were Trashy folk one happening to be a vampire and the other a victim, and Milan was Mickey Mouse. Kip and Ari came later so I didn't get pictures of them, but they were lovely costumes.





































































We didn't dress up on actual halloween, which was kinda weird for me. But we got pictures of the kids dressed up which was fun. Porter was the Grim Reaper, Bryn was Cleopatra, Ryann was a Genie, Kate was a Butterfly, and Max was a Dragon (he had a fever and was not feeling well. Hence the unhappy look on his face.)





































































And here's a couple pictures Tron took of Kate while I was playing with her. She's just so chubby and squeezable!






























Now, for the projects. You may or may not have notice that I didn't sew my costumes for Halloween which isn't normal for me. But I did sew costumes for others. I made parts of a Papa Smurf Costume and I made a gown for my friend for a ball. I don't have pictures of the Papa Smurf business, but I do of the gown and here they are.

Front



















Back



















And just so you can see the skirt hang, here's Amy Jo in her dress. (I had to do box pleats all the way around to cut down on the bulk



















Last but not least my final sewing project for the baby while Pregnant (probably). I've decided I probably shouldn't be bending over so much for extended periods of time during the last month. It hurts my back too much. We'll see how long that decision lasts. Don't get me wrong I am going to be crocheting around burp cloths and blankets just not sewing. ha ha ha Anyhow, I made a cover for the tummy pillow. I love the fabric. Here it is:





























Sorry for the photo overload, but whatever.

9 comments:

Taylor said...

I love your costumes, especially the second one- he even has the creepy molester stache.

Fausett Family said...

I love all of those movies! They are soooo funny! My brother and I were huge fans so we would watch them together! ha ha! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! :)

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

fabulous, fabulous! Loved the first costumes..haven't seen any of those flicks..thanks for the recomendations.
Are you getting excited to have a baby!!!???

Hoenes Family said...

I love it all! I am so glad for the picture overload. I think my faves or Blaine's Snape face and Jason's blind man costume. Very funny. Everyone looked fantastic. Wish I could have been there! Great job on your projects! What a go getter.

Shelby said...

Love the school girl... inapropriate is ALWAYS funny.

Emily Scothern said...

Love the costumes! Love, love, love the dress for your friend. You know, you should open a sewing shop. You are so talented!

JDM said...

Honestly how can so much creativity come from a single person? I need answers!
I read your blog all the time. I hope that's okay.
Although I can never dare hope to have your crafty ways I love to see what you are up to.
And I have to tell you that Matt & I are so excited for you guys and the soon to be new addition. A baby will change your life (obviously right) but in ways you never imagined. You never realize how much you can love until you become a mother. It's awesome.

oralia said...

HA, your costumes turned out great! thats hilarious

Kathryn said...

Okay, so did you make the pillow itself, or just cover it? I'm trying to decide whether to buy a boppy or try to make one.