8.11.2009

Thinking of Nothing

I've noticed lately that I just don't care about a lot of things that some people I know really care about. Care so much about that they get angry that I don't care about it. And not all things I don't care about cause this reaction. I guess I just don't see the need to care about things like paying for illegal alien's kids to be going to school. I say sure why not pay for kids to get an education. I don't care that there are illegal aliens here, in fact I think they should make it way easier to be a citizen. Because frankly we took this land from people and they came and took it themselves. So to me, who are we to say who can and can not come in. I also don't care about paying taxes. It's not like it's killing us. To me it's just a fact of life. I really don't care about money. The little I do care about it is only because I know it stresses Tron. I don't care that much about current events. I like hearing them when people to choose to tell me, but I don't seek them out. We don't get the paper, we don't have television, and I don't look things up on the internet. Frankly, I like not being connected to the outside world. And you may say that I should care because it could affect me. And yet here I am not caring. Some might think I'm just not a passionate person. Which is totally wrong, I'm just passionate about different things. Like my family and friends, the gospel, sewing, and many other things that I'm sure other people just don't care about. Sorry, if it offends people that I don't care about such things, but I can't really help how I feel about it. And if what I've listed above or other things that are unimportant to me is important to you or you have differing opinions than me then awesome the world needs different points of view. Otherwise, life would be so boring and unchanging. I just hope you'd grant me the same liberty. Plus, it's not like I'm trying to make a statement about a deeper meaning of life here. It's just a few late night ramblings of what is on my mind this evening.

Oh P.S. I need suggestions of books to read. I'm reading Wicked at the moment, but it's taking forever because it's such a downer that I can't really get into it.

6 comments:

Taylor said...

I know some great books, but take my recommendations knowing that I have no idea what kind of books you like..."Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd, "Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger (it does have some language and content, but I love the story-or you could just see the movie that comes out this week), "Water For Elephants" by Sara Gruen, "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte, anything Oscar Wilde, "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer was actually pretty good if you like romance and science fiction. Those are some of my favorites that I've ready more recently

It's Me...shell said...

Sweet thanks! I look them up.

Lindsay said...

Here are those books I told you about, both by Shannon Hale:

Book of a Thousand Days
Austenland

good stuff.red

1382 said...

The Catcher in the Rye.
Death in the Afternoon.
Cannery Row.
1984.
All books in the Wheel of Time series.
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.
Small Island.
Soup, Soup and Me, Soup for President, etc.
Huck Finn.
On the Road.

"All you need is love" said...

Reading your post was like reading my own mind. No wonder we're friends. Seriously, who cares. Taxes, whatever, I don't know any different. Didds on everything you said. Two must reads I loved: "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" and "The Glass Castle" (life changers for me)

Hoenes Family said...

Michelle I agree with most of what you said. Why worry about things you really can't control right? I do have beef with the illegal alien thing because I see the effects of it daily since I am only 1 hour from the border! But you most certainly are entitled to your own opinion. If people get offended, that is their problem! Anyways, I loved "A Thousand Splendid Suns" I can't remember the author same author of the kite runner. Anyways, it is a real tear jerker, but is one of those books that really makes you appreciate life and what you have.

P.S. I think it is great that you are "out of the loop" when it comes to what's going on. All it is is depressing stuff to bring you down, so good for you for keeping your distance!